I am starting this new weekly post called ”Interior Design Trend Report” in which I will sum up trends, furniture, news, creative collaborations, designs and inspiration that I have come in contact with during the week. Hope you enjoy it.
- I see more and more abstract furniture, furniture that is almost crossing over to being art, and Aqua Creations have really has managed to design furniture that inspires me. One example is the Gladis Lounge Chair.
- The Los Angeles designer Carly Jo Morgan whom is one of two designers of Only Love Is Real has stepped back and focused on her solo collection. The collection involves a lot of pink terrazzo.
- Speaking about terrazzo the trend with terrazzo only seams to grow bigger and bigger.
- It was a while ago that the new lamp Serena designed by Patricia Urquiola for Flos was designed but it still has not yet entered the stores in Sweden. I have to say that even though I have looked at probably over 100 photos of it, I have not gotten tired of it, so it may well be a new design classic. I look forward to holding and feeling it and I know that Flos flagship store in Stockholm has got one delivered that they soon are putting out for show so keep your eyes open.
- My heart beats for arty imperfect ceramics like the Australian ceramicist Tara Burke´s tall and wonky vases that are hugged by thin, oversized handles.
- I am totally in love with Studio Proba´s chair Waterline from their new Zendo Collection. The collection has the themes of water, reflection, and transcendence. I love the pairing of the hard glass and the comfy seating in this chair. Like two worlds are meeting.
- Aytm´s spring and summer collection in which both the products, the catalouge, the location and the photos are amazing. I love how both the products and the locations and show off a interesting range of marble in different colours. Have a look and enjoy.